Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Hold Steady


I am a little bleary-eyed this morning after a late night rocking out (that phrase sounded cooler in my head) to one of my favourite bands of the moment, The Hold Steady.


The unlikely rockers from New York City put on such an entertaining show at Sydney's Metro Theatre and played for almost 2 hours.


I have recently discovered a strange super power. I have an exceptional ability to stand near the band's number one fan at every gig I go to. You know, the super sweaty guy who head bangs his head sweat into your face and has an insatiable appetite for hugging complete strangers in an attempt to deal with the unbridled joy brought on by being that close to his favourite band.


Last night Mr #1 Fan required a one metre radius left around him to complete his gyrating dance moves and spent the night yelling every single word of every single song, blowing kisses to the band, exchanging looks of utter disbelief with his mates at how amazing it was that they were in the same room as The Hold Steady and even went so far as to insist to those around him that a 'slow clap' be started to encourage the band into an encore.


I love watching bands but I must say that I am often distracted by the antics of Mr #1 Fan. Hilarious.

No comments: