Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Advent Loveliness



I was chatting to my mum the other day about the amazing advent calendars my grandmother used to give us at Christmas time. They were magical glittery scenes with little windows that would open to reveal more glittery goodness that really brought on the excitement of Christmas.
Well I gotta say - they don't make them like that anymore! The only advent calendars I can ever find are the ones that hide dodgy over-sweet chocolates behind the windows. And once the chocolate is gone, you're left with ugly bits of choc smeared plastic behind each window. Hmmph.
So you can imagine my delight when I spotted this grown up version of the advent calendar on Etsy. It's inspired by the quaint little shops in Amsterdam and features little Christmas-y pictures behind each window.
I wonder if any Aussie craftsters are making advent calendars this year...

No comments: