Monday, December 1, 2008

Strangers With Candy

If you've ever wandered down past Crown Street in Surry Hills and ended up in East Redfern you would be familiar with this little gem of a restaurant 'Strangers With Candy'.

It was anniversary number 11 for me and the mister on saturday so a meal at this old favourite was just the ticket.

We were huge fatties and had three courses which were all divine. I had haloumi gnocci for main which was gorgeous and I topped it off with chocolate fudge cake with orange toffee sauce. YUM!!
This place has the best desserts you have ever tried...and believe me - I've tried many!
All washed down with a 2001 semillion from the Lovedale winery in the Hunter Valley...very appropriate really given how much I do indeed 'love Dale' :)
Anway - if you're ever in the hood...don't pass this great little place by. Wonderful breakfasts too!

No comments: